Sunday 15 November 2009

Rusk crazy baby helps with business

Spent all day at home, looking after my brand new daughter (6 months old last thursday).
She is ace and has just started eating rusks in the messiest way possible.
She's also just learnt to turn her little buggy round and there's no stopping her now
as she races around with her little feet doing a fred flintstone run.




I'm doing a one off, all day, job tomorrow which involves lots of cutting back, pruning and hedge trimming.
Tools needed include, chainsaw, hedgetrimmer, pole saw, long reach hedge trimmer, ladders and hopefully no fiddling about with ropes
(but I'll take one just in case).
The location has possibly one of the best views I've seen from a house in real life. I will post a photo when I get a chance.

I also finished a quote the other day for another low maintenance border.
There's been a few of these this year and they seem to average at around £20 - £25 a square metre.
This includes;

  • clearance and weeding
  • good quality weed suppresant fabric
  • fabric pins
  • low maintenance ground cover plants
  • and of course decorative bark mulch

This latest quote comes in at just over £2000 and I have a hunch that this is far more than they were expecting to pay.


I rang my customer up whilst looking at my clipboard with the plans for the work and figures for the quote, just then I noticed my daughters contribution. How on earth did she got a crumby wodge of rusk on the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment