Tuesday 24 November 2009

Grass, alcohol, knees and pets

Just been looking through my records, sorting out timetables for next year.
There's a customer I have who suffers from alcoholism, he's always pleasant with it, but one day I noticed he was just stood there leaning on his stick with his big black fluffy beard whilst I was cutting his grass. (he looked like he had some sort of pet on his face). He waved me over
"are you ok Willy"
"No"
big pause
"it's my knees"
"what are they hurting"
"the doctor won't give me new ones,... and I'm not getting any in the bedroom"
big pause
".....he can't help me with that either"
I sort of uncomfortably try and get back to work
"I'm not enjoying life"
"that's no good Willy, you've got to find something that makes you happy, there must be something"
he dissapeared back into his house with his brandy
he appeared again just a short while later, again a still figure with his face poking through from behind his big fluffy pet beard.
just standing there, he had a bunch of walking sticks, he was leaning on.
I stop again
"I've got three great kids, I'm really proud of...... And four walking sticks"
He had a beaming smile, he turned round and shuffled back into the house.
He appeared again a while later, much happier
"Have you got any pets"
He shouted as he waved at me
"I've got no pets"
"Just your other half then?" he said
"Yes Willy"

The guys a star!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment