Saturday 21 November 2009

Head Butted In the Knee by a Dead Deer

I have the bruise to prove it. I was strimming the banks for a neighbour, when I felt a sharp thwack on the leg.
Four months ago he had been on about a roe deer that was visiting his garden, nibbling his plants and shrubs, pooing and weeing on his lawn, had killed one of his apple trees and was generally causing problems. He was having headaches and sleepless nights over it. He'd grit his teeth slightly when talking about the deer. Man was he upset!
"He thinks he's found a place where he can just slob about and have a free meal at my expense, well I'm going to wait up at night and shoot him and when I do I'm going to hang his head from that tree".
I believed him that he'd try and shoot him, but I thought the hanging his head was just a bit of angry talk, I didn't think he'd actually do it!
Next time I went round there was the deers head, up in the tree, quietly surveying the whole garden as it rocked from side to side, kept company by a few flies.

I know what you're probably thinking, 'there's something really disturbing about it all'.
But the thing is the guy who did it is a really nice bloke, but you know, I would never ever take a pee in his garden!

Today I was strimming a bank way up high near the edge of a steep drop and the tree where the deers head used to be, that had all been forgotten about until crunch, a large object caught me by surprise just below the knee cap.
The strimmer head, (the bit that spins really fast) had got tangled with the end of a bit of rope on the ground, the other end of the bit of rope span around at speed, ...with the head, which was now part of a sinister game of swingball ................and my leg lost.

I told him what had happened and he just said in disbelief

"no way, it's still a nuisance"

No comments:

Post a Comment